Inegration with AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

evelrin

Cadet
So, I'm trying to set up Directory Services\ Active directory. For example my domain name is office.
1) I configured Directory Services\ Active directory like in this document: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Directory_Services
Domain name: office.local
NetBios Name: freenas
Workgroupname: office
Administrator name: domain administrator name
Domain controller, global catalog server, kerberos server and kerberos password server: IP address of my domain controller.
2) In the system/settings/directory service: in the drop down menu i chose the Active directory
3) Comand wbinfo -u shows me my users, wbinfo -g shows me groops, wbinfo -t :checking the trust secret for domain OFFICE via RPC calls succeeded.
Everything looks good, but i have some problems.
1) In OU, in the properties of freenas computer: Computer name: freenas, but dns name is: localhost.my.domain (exactly see this).
2) In CIFS settings on autentification model/drop down menu i have only anonimous and local user strings.
Need help!

D

dlavigne

1) In OU, in the properties of freenas computer: Computer name: freenas, but dns name is: localhost.my.domain (exactly see this).

If this is a 9.2 system, this can be changed in System Information

2) In CIFS settings on autentification model/drop down menu i have only anonimous and local user strings.

According to Table 8.3a of the Guide, this setting is ignored if the Active Directory or LDAP service is running.

evelrin

Cadet
If this is a 9.2 system, this can be changed in System Information
I have 9.1.1 system, and host name also can be changed in system settings, but it only on the local system, on dc it still not changed, that's because system is unavailable by the host name.
According to Table 8.3a of the Guide, this setting is ignored if the Active Directory or LDAP service is running.
Very interesting, because in the promt line opposite autentification module said: "Using Active Directory or LDAP autentification will supersede this option", I thought that's mean that I will have this option :)

Status
Not open for further replies.