Incorrect Serial Number on Faulted Disk Report

NASbox

Guru
I just had a disk throw a few read errors, and there is an inconsistency between the email error message (+alert messages in the GUI), and the pool information in the main GUI. The main GUI provides the correct drive serial number while the alert messages report a serial number for a drive that is no longer on the system.

From command line zpool status:
gptid/811b73c6-f115-11e7-aadb-001517d2677a FAULTED 228 0 0 too many errors

Output from command line script that lists installed drives:
da3p2 | ATA WDC WD60EFRX-68L | WD-WX11DYYYYJD6 | gptid/811b73c6-f115-11e7-aadb-001517d2677a

From pool info (drilling down from main dashboard):
GUID: 5137085742967996601

Read Errors: 228
Self Healed: 5017600
Advanced Details
Subsystem: da
Number: 3
Serial: WD-WX11DYYYYJD6
Size: 6001175126016
Transfermode: Auto
Hddstandby: ALWAYS ON
Advpowermgmt: DISABLED
Acousticlevel: DISABLED
Togglesmart: true
Model: ATA WDC WD60EFRX-68L
Rotationrate: 5700
Type: HDD

Does not match above and there no disk with the serial number indicated currently on the system:
From alert message: (Email/GUI):
CRITICAL
Pool TANK state is DEGRADED: One or more devices
are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient
replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
degraded state.
The following devices are not healthy:• Disk ATA WDC WD60EFRX-68M WD-WX11DCXXXXHD is FAULTED
2023-04-29 09:37:08 (EST5EDT)

Is this likely to create any problems when I replace the drive?
Any special actions I need to take?
Has anyone seen this issue before?
Where does this bad serial number come from?

I saw a similar error where the drive was connected with USB, but in my case the drive is one of 8 drives attached to an HBA.

FWIW: I am still on TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 and was not planning on upgrading till about mid June (after U5 has dropped and shown itself to be stable.) I don't know if this is still an issue for TrueNAS-13.0-U4.

Arwen

MVP
The GPID is the partition ID, not the serial number. The GUID is the ID of the pool, again not the serial number. I've not done much TrueNAS disk replacements, (nor have seen any drive failures recently), so I can't answer other questions.

NASbox

Guru
Thanks for the reply @Arwen ... I've done a few of these lately, so I think I know what to do. I could just ignore the error and select da3 for replacement from the GUI, since I know for sure based on the gpid that da3 is the incorrect drive. Just wanted to check to make sure that there are not implications that I am not aware of, and possible alert the dev team to a possible bug. Not sure how it would be possible to reproduce the problem since it requires a history of swapping disks and having a disk throw an error. I haven't rebooted yet or had the chance to replace the disk so if the dev team wants me to give them any info, I would do my best to accomodate.