Import pool configuration from .db file

wzhang

Cadet
Hi, I backed my pool configuration into a tar file externally before I upgraded to TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1. After the system finished the upgrade. I could not find the any existing pool by following: storage -> pool -> Add -> Import an existing pool -> no, continue with import -> pool* dropdown list. the dropdown list is empty

i opened the exported tar file and found the following contents:
pwenc_secret
freenas-v1.db
.\.\@PaxHeader
.\.\@PaxHeader

Can someone help me on how to import the configuration into my current pool setting?
Thanks

artlessknave

Wizard
that wont help you.

on upgrade there should be no need to import your pool, it is supposed to be imported already. you cant import an already imported pool.

wzhang

Cadet
sorry, i am adding the info needed to meet rule requirements:
  • intel i7-3770 CPU@3.4GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 1709526384851.png

• 1709526454402.png
  • I run the zpool status and following is the result:
1709526666043.png

wzhang

Cadet
i did zpool import and following is the result:
1709528939241.png

i checked and found that all my drives have been connected. do not know why it says unavailable.
any ideas?

wzhang

Cadet
I finally solved the issue by shutting down the system completely, reconnecting all drives, and then rebooting the system. Once the system was up, I rerun the command of "zpool import". this time it shows that the pool of "zhangDiskPool" is available for import! Then I imported it by "zpool import zhangDiskPool". After rebooting the system again, I was able to go thru the WebUI to import the zhangDiskPool since it showed up in the pool list! Thanks lot! I was afraid I would lose all my data!

sretalla