Import Disk Status

zemun2

Explorer
Hi there,

Is there a way to see the status of the import disk process? When I import disk I have no idea when it is finished importing. On import of few files it's not a big deal but i need to transfer thousands of pics etc.

Thanks

zemun2

Explorer
D

dlavigne

Not that I'm aware of. If you decide to create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

zemun2

Explorer
Will do.

Thank you

Selecting the option to import the disk again in 11.1 relaunched the status of the current import process for me, Zemun.

TrumanHW

Contributor
It's DEFINITELY not fixed. yet. As I type this I'm dealing with the spastic nature of this module...

1. Progress feature doesn't work.
2. Without the progress bar, there's no way to even know if it really started ... (until files+folders finally show up).
(I started a 2nd import as I saw no indices of progress aside from the static-message.)
3. I'm unable to tell if both are running or if initiating another import 'displaces' (cancels) the initial import.
(Some data has been copied from the first transfer, but it's impossible to know whether it'll resume it or not)

I'm going to resubmit a bug report (the above issue claims to be fixed).

This way people in this thread know ... as well as anyone else who reads it looking for info.

dld121

Cadet
It's DEFINITELY not fixed. yet. As I type this I'm dealing with the spastic nature of this module...

1. Progress feature doesn't work.
2. Without the progress bar, there's no way to even know if it really started ... (until files+folders finally show up).
(I started a 2nd import as I saw no indices of progress aside from the static-message.)
3. I'm unable to tell if both are running or if initiating another import 'displaces' (cancels) the initial import.
(Some data has been copied from the first transfer, but it's impossible to know whether it'll resume it or not)

I'm going to resubmit a bug report (the above issue claims to be fixed).

This way people in this thread know ... as well as anyone else who reads it looking for info.
I tried this in TRUENAS 12.x latest version end of December 2020...it didn't work there either...this needs to be fixed.
I wish it could be fixed in 11.3 because I prefer 11.3x documentation to the 10% documenation available in Truenas.
My import is running, so where do I find the DISK IMPORT LOG file? If the GUI won't show it can't you document where the log file is located?

Thanks,
David

goalstopper

Cadet
if its not to late to reply to this issue.. I found that if you look at the task manager thats located at the top right of the GUI. It will list the % the disk import is at.

Attachments

• disk_import.JPG
    disk_import.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 249