SOLVED Using Mirrors in another Truenas System?

Okay, I have a 3TB seagate drive that holds my files, I set up the disk and pool just for that one disk. I added a second 3TB drive and had it mirrored I think. It went through the resilvering process and it showed as two drives for the pool. Now I wanted to take that mirrored drive, to another Truenas system I have at my friend's house and import that pool.

The problem is Truenas is saying there is an I/O Issue when importing. I am assuming it is because it was in a mirror with the drive at home, when I import the pool it is looking for the other half of that mirror? Is that correct?

Is there a proper way to do this without having to transfer all the data to an external and just uploading it at the second system?

Arwen

MVP
Yes, the error is that you "damaged" your pool by removing 1 disk. (By "damaged", in this case, it almost certainly means no data loss, repeat no data loss. It is simply that ZFS thinks your pool needs all it's disks on import.)

Yes, you have Split your Mirror pool. Re-attach your detached disk, re-sync if needed.

First things first, can you supply the output of your pool with zpool status, in code tags?

I don't know the GUI as well as others, but ZFS allows splitting a Mirror pool into 2 pools, (with the new pool having a different name).

In theory, you can recover both source and destination single disk pools without re-attaching & re-mirroring. But that can get complicated.

Yes, the error is that you "damaged" your pool by removing 1 disk. (By "damaged", in this case, it almost certainly means no data loss, repeat no data loss. It is simply that ZFS thinks your pool needs all it's disks on import.)

Yes, you have Split your Mirror pool. Re-attach your detached disk, re-sync if needed.

First things first, can you supply the output of your pool with zpool status, in code tags?

I don't know the GUI as well as others, but ZFS allows splitting a Mirror pool into 2 pools, (with the new pool having a different name).

In theory, you can recover both source and destination single disk pools without re-attaching & re-mirroring. But that can get complicated.
It's been a while because I'm slow at figuring things out, but I determined the drive had died for some reason and was no longer recoverable. The mirror didnt attach without the "original" source so I just had a useless drive. I ended wipping it and having to start over, not sure if there was anything I could do but for anyone looking, more that likely your drive failed, my drives are second hand and idk the state or condition they really were in, make sure to have extra back ups. Good luck!