IBM N2115 HBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephri

Dabbler
Hi,

I saw an offer for an IBM N2115 HBA that seems close to the M1015 (use the SAS2308 chip instead SAS2008) but with a PCIe 3.0 8x interface instead of PCIe 2.0 8x

Is it compatible in FreeNas and which firmware level it should be used in FreeNas 9.3 ?
The doc says i hasn't raid mode, so i can figure it come in IT mode and don't need to be crossflashed ?

Maybe i need to crossflash in LSIxxxx-8i in order to have a firmware at the same level than the driver in the FreeNas ? but which model and which level ?

Séb.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hi,

I saw an offer for an IBM N2115 HBA that seems close to the M1015 (use the SAS2308 chip instead SAS2008) but with a PCIe 3.0 8x interface instead of PCIe 2.0 8x

Is it compatible in FreeNas and which firmware level it should be used in FreeNas 9.3 ?
The doc says i hasn't raid mode, so i can figure it come in IT mode and don't need to be crossflashed ?

Maybe i need to crossflash in LSIxxxx-8i in order to have a firmware at the same level than the driver in the FreeNas ? but which model and which level ?

Séb.
It should work directly, as it's already running IT mode.

However, IBM/Lenovo might not have the same firmware versions as LSI. If that is the case, it would need to be crossflashed to LSI SAS 9207 IT mode. The process should be the same as with an M1015, except you're crossflashing it to an SAS 9207 instead of an SAS 9211.

Status
Not open for further replies.