SOLVED I NEED HELP! GET PLUGINS FAILED!

BakkesOffical

Dabbler
I am not sure how to check the equipment of my network. I changed my ipv4 default gateway to my networks default getaway and for Nameserver1. I did put 8.8.8.8 on Nameserver2 and 8.8.4.4 in Nameserver3 and saved it. I have tried pinging the shell after a reboot but it still says the same thing: "Ping: cannot resolve github.com: Hostname lookup failure!"

Redcoat

MVP
I use my browser to access the GUI.
So, networking is still not properly configured and/or operative. Since you are resisting describing your network, I am going to tell you what I think you have already told me and ask you to confirm

Your have FreeNAS running on an old Dell desktop that is connected by wire to your network - presumably to your router - yes?
You have another computer connected to the network that you are using to access the FreeNAS GUI. I am assuming that computer is the one that you are using to access this forum and make your postings - is that correct?

BakkesOffical

Dabbler
To answer the question, "presumably to your router - yes?" It is not my router but a satellite that is connected to my router. I dont have any more computer connected to my network, only the Dell desktop. I access my GUI by typing the local IP address of the Dell machine. I will try to get some information about my network and its specs hopefully today.

Redcoat

MVP
What are you using to post to this forum?

Redcoat

MVP
Is the Acer Nitro 5 on the same network as your FreeNAS box? If so, open the Command Prompt window on the Nitro and type "ipconfig /all" (without quotes)

Look for the line "Default Gateway" In the section "Ethernet Adapter Ethernet" and check that the IP address there matches what you put into FreeNAS. Also immediately below it you will see the DHCP server IP address in use - is it the same as the "Default Gateway" address?

BakkesOffical

Dabbler
I dont have my Nitro 5 plugged in my computer currently but at the "Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:" is says that the DHCP Server is equal to the address that I had put in the FreeNAS machine at the network settings.

Redcoat

MVP
OK, so, wireless laptop, wired FreeNAS box, both on same network segment - to confirm that please what are their IP addresses?

Please open two tabs in Firefox, open the FreeNAS GUI in one and this forum in the other, and confirm both are accessible simultaneously.

Redcoat

MVP
Good - so we know that your network can access the internet and that your FreeNAS box is on the network. So there's a configuration issue in FreeNAS.

Please open the FreeNAS GUI, Network>Global Configuration and screen copy and paste in a reply here.

Then do the same with Network>Interfaces.

BakkesOffical

Dabbler
sorry for posting late but I also have to do stuff.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 488

Redcoat

MVP

Redcoat

MVP
Did you forget the screenshot of Network>Interfaces?

Redcoat

MVP
No, that was Network>Global Configuration - I cannot see Network>Interfaces at all. Can you redo, please?

Redcoat

MVP
Thank you - just re0.

Well. nothing jumps out to as an obvious problem to me. Can you reboot the FreeNAS box and then try the ping again from the FreeNAS shell - ping github,com - please?