I can't update to current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqartimus

Explorer
Yesterday I had some strange behavior when updating from FreeNAS. It seems that I have gone from question to problem as those 'updates' are available again today - and I get errors when I try to Apply them. The error I am getting at the end is:
Code:
Feb 17 09:23:19 freenas updated.py: [freenasOS.Update:1204] Unable to create new boot environment FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011
Feb 17 09:23:27 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: Unable to create new boot environment FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011]

Looking at the Boot tab, it shows Healthy Size: 14.9 GiB Used 558.1 MiB (3%)

It shows these when I hit "Apply"
Upgrade: freenas-pkg-tools-9.3.1-STABLE-1becabb -> freenas-pkg-tools-9.3.1-STABLE-dc4105f
Upgrade: docs-9.3.1-STABLE-1becabb -> docs-9.3.1-STABLE-7eaae83

Interestingly, it shows a small screen afterwards that says: Apply Pending Updates 1/1 Installing Packages. (Not 1/2, 2/2).

I don't know what I need to do here. It seems that this is related to the questions I had yesterday. Is it as simple as needing to change the name on the current boot from something other than 'default' ?

This post is from yesterday that details the questions I had:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updating-9-3-stable.41477/

D

dlavigne

Interesting. If you are still getting that error, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes your debug (created from System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the issue number here.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

x-file

Cadet
Hi,
had same problem as You ( eqartimus ) did.
I solve it by renaming latest boot record to default ( I deleted it before, because it was very old ) and after that I succided to install latest 2 updates ( docs and tools )
Hope that help

Just for info, before I did verify install, no errors reported
Version
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011

Last edited:

Architct

Cadet
I also have the same problem. I'm using my own dataset for boot (is this the problem?)
VDbwmW.png

And here is the boot default -
7gdgMY.png

I attempted the Update on the default when it stated "Now" on FreeNAS...; then booted to default. I figured that since I was reminded of updates again, I would need to Update the default boot - I did this, and verified the update - this passed. Rebooted with default (moved system) am still informed I need to update.

Am I supposed to keep the system dataset in freenas-boot and run the update on default there? The documentation is not clear in tying the system data set and the boot environment together.

Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.