I can't quote on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurrier

Patron
When I click the reply button on someone's post, the hover-over tooltip tells me that it will quote their reply but it doesn't work. The only way I can quote is if I manually construct it using the quote button in the post editor.

Any ideas?

bigphil

Patron
When I click the reply button on someone's post, the hover-over tooltip tells me that it will quote their reply but it doesn't work. The only way I can quote is if I manually construct it using the quote button in the post editor.

Any ideas?

Just quoted you with the link on the page...try a different browser.

scurrier

Patron
Just quoted you with the link on the page...try a different browser.

OK shame on me for not trying in another browser first. Chrome works. Sorry to waste your time. I thought for sure that IE would have been a supported browser of the forum software. Que someone saying something something about how IE sucks...

For the record I was using IE 11.0.9600.16518 if anyone who manages the forums sees this and wants to fix the issue.

bigphil

Patron
Quotes work in IE 11 if you put it the site in compatibility mode.

scurrier

Patron
Crimeny, I should have thought of that. I once had to go so far as to modify group policy at my workplace so that I could enable compatibility mode on an intranet site. Thanks.

bigphil

Patron
No prob. Oh, and by a default setting in IE, all intranet sites are already enabled for compatibility view ;-) I couldn't resist! lol

scurrier

Patron
Right. So if you need compatibility mode for one intranet site on and another off...well...your kung fu had better be pretty good (for an average user) to swing that. ;)

bigphil

Patron
Well you got me there. I didn't think of that angle...having it off by default and then on for only certain sites. I've always had better luck with IE in compatibility view for everything. IE 11 seems to be the absolute worst about it too.

scurrier

Patron
Yea. The cutting edge of Microsoft browser versions really cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.