FreeNAS version : 8 release
Volume : /mnt/disk
Username : user1
Primary Group : default
Shell : csh

After I setup CIFS, turn on the service, start share a volume,
I only can add a user with home directory "/nonexistent"
if I change the home directory to /mnt/disk or /mnt/disk/user1,
the user will not add with no any error, no one can tell me what's going on!

At version 8.0 RC5, I can add a user with their home directory like "/mnt/disk/user1",
But I want to add a group and share with some user, for e.g. I add a group call "project" , and when I want to change the "user1" group to "project" , there is no "project" group inside the user setting, this has been fixed in 8.0 release, but 8.0 can not add a simple single user, help !!!

countingways

Cadet
I had the same problem and used this workaround:

Go through the user setup, leaving '/nonexistent' in the Home Directory field. After you click OK, a user will be set up. Then go and edit the user, setting the home directory to what you want it to be. This is the 3rd indecent of this happening that I have heard of and believe this is a bug in the current build.

dom239

Dabbler
I had the same problem and used this workaround:

Go through the user setup, leaving '/nonexistent' in the Home Directory field. After you click OK, a user will be set up. Then go and edit the user, setting the home directory to what you want it to be. This is the 3rd indecent of this happening that I have heard of and believe this is a bug in the current build.

thanks a lot countingways for the solution... However it really seems to me as a bug or at least there should be a warning.
So now I can continue... However now I cannot make iSCSI working (it was working before under freenas 0.7.2). I wonder if there is not here too somekind of a bug. If I meet two many difficulties I will go back to 0.7.2....
Thanks again anyway.
Dominique

jgreco

Resident Grinch
thanks a lot countingways for the solution... However it really seems to me as a bug or at least there should be a warning.
So now I can continue... However now I cannot make iSCSI working (it was working before under freenas 0.7.2). I wonder if there is not here too somekind of a bug. If I meet two many difficulties I will go back to 0.7.2....
Thanks again anyway.
Dominique

Do not try to use multiple initiator names. If you have a single initiator, that ought to be fine, otherwise use "ALL". Known bug. We're using iSCSI and it works fine with that one caveat.

Status
Not open for further replies.