How to turn Replication on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuchData

Contributor
I have two FreeNAS servers, both 9.10.2-U3. The second one exists solely to replicate the volumes of the first.

I see no way to start/stop replication in general. But, at least in 9.10, replication depends on SSH. So, can I control replication by starting and stopping the SSH service?

The individual replication tasks can be enabled or disabled by a checkbox in the Edit dialog

TooMuchData

Contributor
The individual replication tasks can be enabled or disabled by a checkbox in the Edit dialog
Yes, thanks Kevin. As I have a number of them I was trying to avoid editing them on and off.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
If you take some time to turn it into a single cron job, you'll be able to turn that on and off as a single 'button' if you will for all of them. It'll just take the time to set it up as such to give you the ease of using it in the future.

TooMuchData

Contributor
If you take some time to turn it into a single cron job, you'll be able to turn that on and off as a single 'button' if you will for all of them. It'll just take the time to set it up as such to give you the ease of using it in the future.
Thank you, Vito, for your suggestion.
The replication tasks are separate so that I can control them individually. There may be even more of them in the future. I am looking for a way to control replication overall without altering the existing tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.