How to set staticIP or better still NAS IP on SCALE Docker container?

leckyBill

Dabbler
I have a docker container which I have deployed on SCALE.
The container has transmission and openvpn for use by the bt client
If I choose Host Network, it works great except the VPN tun and route are created outside for the whole NAS
I would prefer to keep that all inside the container and just expose the web UI port to my local network.
Obviously, if I deselect Host Network, I have to add an external interface for my web UI port to listen on but this is where things don't work right.
If I use DHCP as pictured below, the this all works fine, except the MAC is random and then so is the IP address assigned by DHCP meaning my other apps using the transmission via web API can't find it.
OK, so why not use a static IP? Well the UI wont let me... if I put any value in the static IP field, and hit save, it does nothing. on the browser console, there is a error, but nothing else:

Code:
ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'filterArrayFunction' of undefined
    at main.d8b7a4d10da9a917f6ab.js:1
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at t.filterArrayFunction (main.d8b7a4d10da9a917f6ab.js:1)
    at Array.filter (<anonymous>)
    at t.parseFormControlValues (main.d8b7a4d10da9a917f6ab.js:1)
    at t.customSubmit (main.d8b7a4d10da9a917f6ab.js:1)

I can't tell what is missing. How else can I achieve this?

1621339217558.png

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
To use the NAS's IP address, you select "Host Network" up at the top there. Otherwise you need to add and manage the interfaces.

leckyBill

Dabbler
OK, thanks. I can't add and manage IPs for interfaces, as explained above, maybe some entry validation, but doesn't indicate what is wrong. So It's either DHCP with different IP every time or nothing. What is required in these fields? Add StaticIPConfigurations expects an IP range defaulting to /24. I have tried adding a specific address as /32, but it won't let me save that, no errors...
Like I said, Host network applies the VPN tunnel to the entire NAS instead of just the container and I wanted to avoid that.
It doesn't need to be the NAS IP, but I need something static and my DHCP can only give static lease when the MAC is the same and it isn't.

dheiss

Cadet
I have a similar problem as @leckyBill. I have a docker container (symcon home automation) which I configured on a nightly build in the UI via "Launch Docker Image" and I was able to assign it a static IP in the UI, but now with 21.04-ALPHA.1, the UI seems to produce a JS error when trying to configure a static IP (without a error message in the UI). Dynamic IP works, but this is somehow pointless for a home automation server.

josh.walls

Dabbler
Hello. This a UI bug that has been corrected in the master nightlies. I upgraded to TrueNAS-21.06-MASTER-20210604-172921 and the problem was solved. I have since upgraded to the latest nightly and it still functions as expected for me. I haven't seen any other issues arise!