How to set permissions ('Apply Permissions Recursively' is not saving)

dun

Cadet
Syncthing has no permissions to write to pools after installation. Because I didn't find a documentation on how to setup Syncthing on FreeNAS I followed the only up to date resource for this, a YouTube video. Btw is that really the only up to date resource on how to setup Syncthing on FreeNAS? I couldn't find anything else.
So according to the video I should create a user for the UID 983, create a DataSet and edit its permissions so the owner is the created user. Afterwards I have to stop the Syncthing jail, edit it's mountpoint, pick the DataSet's path as source and a path within the Syncthing jail as destination and then start Syncthing again. Afterwards Syncthing should be able to write into the DataSet.

I followed those steps but I still can't write into the DataSet.Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /mnt/Main: permission denied
I think the reason for it is that the option Apply Permissions Recursively is not being actually applied. If I tick that option I can save the permissions but if I edit it again the option is not ticked anymore. Could that be the reason for the error thrown by Syncthing?

sretalla