Resource icon

How To Rename a ZFS Pool

Stux

MVP
Stux submitted a new resource:

How To Rename a ZFS Pool - zpool import original_name new_name

The basic process to rename a ZFS pool is to export it from the GUI, import it in the CLI with the new name, then export it again, and re-import it in the GUI.

I find I normally want to do this after creating a new pool (with perhaps a different set of disks/layout), replicating my old pool to the new pool, and then I want to rename the new pool to the same as the old pool, and then all the shares work correctly, and its fairly transparent. Mostly.

So, firstly, you need to export your pool...

Read more about this resource...

Stux

MVP
New resource. Its a simple thing.

Admins, its currently in Advanced category, but its not really advanced, its just a bit obtuse, if you think appropriate, could you move to Fundamentals?

loops

Cadet
Will this work if you currently have only one pool that fills all available disk space?

Whattteva

Wizard
Honestly, this should be a standard feature in the GUI rather than having to do this workaround in the CLI.

sretalla