How to recover NAS OS & Data

Ashokkarn

Cadet
hello sir/madam
I had installed NAS on one of my computers, in which 10 TB hard disk was attached. In this we had put the NAS OS in an SSD. Suddenly for some reason the SSD has stopped working. And now all the data is stuck in the hard disk. Please guide us. How do we recover the data?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If you have a saved configuration: install on new SSD, restore saved config, reboot, done.
If you don't: install on new SSD, import pool, recreate shares and other configuration manually. Save configuration when finished, this time.

If just the system drive broke, the data is perfectly fine. Any new installation of TrueNAS will be able to read it.

Ashokkarn

Cadet
If you have a saved configuration: install on new SSD, restore saved config, reboot, done.
If you don't: install on new SSD, import pool, recreate shares and other configuration manually. Save configuration when finished, this time.

If just the system drive broke, the data is perfectly fine. Any new installation of TrueNAS will be able to read itreally thank you for your response, i'm not great knowledge in this area. if possible please share video with me

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Just insert a new SSD and install like you did the first time. Then navigate to Storage > Pools > Add and import the existing pool.

Sorry, video? I'm not George Lucas - no idea how to produce something like that.