Status
Not open for further replies.

lukyjay

Contributor
Hi

I'm trying to use LazyLibrarian plugin but it's running as its own user ID
Code:
root@lazylibrarian_1:/ # id media																								   
uid=8675309(media) gid=8675309(media) groups=8675309(media)   

How can I make the LazyLibrarian app run as UID 1001 and GID 1001 so it has the correct permissions to access my media shares?

I'm familiar with ubuntu but not so great with BSD. Would appreciate some direction on this

Thank you

lukyjay

Contributor
Ok so I tried messing around with it and the service wouldn't start. Then I deleted the plugin (which deleted the jail) but after re-installation it still wouldn't start. How weird. I deleted my jail dataset (it wouldn't delete - but the size went from 600~mb to 131kb) and tried again. It took a long time to install, presumably because I deleted a lot of cached downloads.

Then I followed solution 2 of https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

It spat out a lot of errors at first and the service wouldn't start. Thankfully the errors were write permissions listed at the bottom of the output. Ctrl+c to close the service, then chown -R USER:GROUP FOLDERTHATCAUSEDERROR and it worked after changing 3 or 4 folders. Now the service runs and a ps aux confirms it runs as my user.

Status
Not open for further replies.