How to configure Jenkins to a web services

Niks2809

Cadet
Hi, everyone.

I am new in the world of trueNAS and I have a question. I research a lot of forum to configure jenkins in my server, that the prupose to connect another computers in other networks around the world, I would like read some suggestions and experiences that would be to help me in this case. Actually I have my server how localhost in my network sharing with samba for access one folder in another pc with windows.

my server is
CPU: Intel XEON 3.40 Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 2 HDD 1 TB instalation of TRUENAS and 1 TB HDD for the workspace
NO RAID
System: TrueNAS SCALE

danb35

Hall of Famer
1 TB instalation of TRUENAS
Why on earth would you do that?

But as to Jenkins, there's an app for that. Two, actually:
1708984676391.png

Install the one of your choice and off you go. Need help configuring it? Consult its docs:

Of course, you'll need to have your NAS and any other systems you want to use your Jenkins installation on a secure network--how to accomplish that is up to you.

Niks2809

Cadet
Why on earth would you do that?

But as to Jenkins, there's an app for that. Two, actually:
View attachment 76078
Install the one of your choice and off you go. Need help configuring it? Consult its docs:

Of course, you'll need to have your NAS and any other systems you want to use your Jenkins installation on a secure network--how to accomplish that is up to you.
Thank you, the idea of this is to be able to have a code repository accessible with other colleagues, locally and accessible from anywhere in the world, we have seen that Atlassian, git, etc. exist. But we want to have this repository under our control. I have already installed Jenkins and it is running but I need to know if I can make other people access it from another network.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Look, if you have to ask this:
I need to know if I can make other people access it from another network.
You are 100% not qualified to be doing this professionally. Inform your management or whatever before this turns into a disaster.
1 TB HDD for the workspace
NO RAID
This also does not bode well at all.