how do i disable swap partition?

jcizzo

Explorer
I followed instructions on how to move my swap partition to another drive but it seems as though it's not being used and when i run swapinfo i don't get what the instructions suggest i should.

xeon e3-1340L
32GB ecc ram
supermicro x11ssh-f motherboard
latest stable version of TNC.

TNC is installed on mirrored SSD's
the motherboard has an M.2 slot for an NVME and i had one laying around that i wasn't going to use so i figured i'd install it, disable all the swap space and just have TNC use the nvme as a dedicated swap drive.

running swapinfo command yields the following:

swapinfo.JPG

i would think /dev/mirror shouldn't show up
i wan't /dev/gptid/yadda yadda to be the swap drive.

anyone have any tips?

thanks!

jcizzo

Explorer
BTW, the following command was set in the init/shutdown scripts as a 'postinit' command:

swapoff -a ; grep -v -E 'none[[:blank:]]+swap[[:blank:]]' /etc/fstab > /etc/fstab.new && echo "/dev/gptid/80a83a73-3259-11ee-8cb6-f8f21e96afa0.eli none swap sw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab.new && mv /etc/fstab.new /etc/fstab ; swapon -a

it seems that maybe the instructions i followed were incomplete because they didn't seem to mention deleting the swap partition that was created by default during the initial install of TNC..

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
TN will dynamically create swap space with the same level of redundancy as your pool. So the mirror is intentional. What's wrong with that?