home share still shows up as "homes" even after deleting old share and creating new as "home"

Status
Not open for further replies.

guermantes

Patron
Hello!
I originally created a dataset /mnt/TANK/home and then a share called 'homes' for which I ticked the checkbox 'Use as home share'.
I later regretted naming the share in the plural and changed the name of the share to the singular. The dataset was already named in the singular so I left it alone.

However, after the name change, the folder still showed up as 'homes' even when I booted a Linux liveCD. I was puzzled by this and decided to start afresh rather than problem-solving, so I deleted the share but kept the dataset. Then I created a new share to use as home share, and named it in the singular.

But in a Debian liveCD and my dualboot Win7/Linux Mint the home still shows up as 'homes' in file managers.

Do I need to clear some internal cache in Freenas or what might be going on here?

Freenas 11.0 U4

guermantes

Patron
It's showing up has 'homes' because you have checked the 'Use as home share' box.
Oh, right, so the name 'homes' is actually hard-coded. You can't have another name, and it was just a coincidence that I named my home share 'homes' in the first instance and then wanted to change it, believing that my first name was "kept" by the system. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.