SOLVED Help -zpool offline with export/disconnection

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Following a power failure my NAS box is offline and only showing Export/Disconnect option only in GUI.

Systems:
- Running: TrueNAS 12.0-UB
- H/W:
- Supermicro A1SAi5-827
- 16GB
- 8 WD Red HDisks in RAIDZ2 mode - Bootdisk: Sandisk 32GB SSD
- LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT mode)
- Builtin network card (Supermicro motherboard)

Further info:
Pic1.png
Pic2.png
Pic3.png
Pic4.png

I have been a user of FreeNAS for a while but not as knowledgeable as should be. Have done some reading so far but unsure of the steps. necessary to recover the zpool at this point. This is my only NAS.

I would be grateful with some help and guidance from experts in the forum, please.

Thank you
FNSeeker

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
First, run zpool import to see which pools are candidates for import, and what might possibly be wrong with your pool.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Thanks for your quick response.

You mean from GUI. Or from Shell. Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks

Samuel Tai

From the shell.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Sorry for being careful, but i want to be with what i do considering the initial shock i received from my NAS earlier today.

Pic5.png

Samuel Tai

OK, your pool looks healthy. What most likely happened is the pool cache was corrupted. To remount your pool, click the blue Add button in the Storage->Pools view. Then follow the prompts to import an existing pool.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Thank you. I feel much better although not out of the wood yet.

I followed your post but faced with the question (see pic) which I can't answer for sure as I can't not remembert whether or not it was encrypted in the first place. Although I recently upgraded the pool as suggested by TrueNAS which advised that I could not go back...As i can best remember.

P{ic6.png

Samuel Tai

Your pool is not encrypted. If it were, all the pool members would have an .eli suffix.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
So far so good. But...

The next part prompts me to select a pool except that it does not show any existing pool. Really appreciate your help.
Pic7.png
pool.

Samuel Tai

Click the triangle to pull down to your pool Zvol1.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
However, I did earlier, but it returned to the starting point.

(Note that the details of the pool in pic 2 is hardly readable followinf my clicking the triangle. I assumed it's the Zvol1 pool. But after click on Next, it goes back toi point 1. See pics of sequence below.

Pic_Pool1.png
Pic_Pool2.png
Pic_Pool3.png
PIc_pool4.png

Samuel Tai

OK, we'll have to do this manually. From Shell, try zpool import -R /mnt -c /data/zfs/zpool.cache Zvol1.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
I appreciate your help very much, with lots of patience.

Here is the returned info
Add Pool pic from CLI.png

What next, pls?

Samuel Tai

As the error message said, add -F to the command, so try zpool import -F -R /mnt -c /data/zfs/zpool.cache Zvol1. Once the import completes, then run a scrub via zpool scrub Zvol1.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Thank you so much for your help, Samuel. I am impressed with your prompt help.

My NAS is scrubbing now. It looks like i am on the mend. Will post a final post to say how it goes in the end, in case it may help others like me and to save your valuable time.

Thank you again.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
After about an hour and a half of scrubbing, i fully recovered my zpool. Luckily, i did not loose anything as it was not doing anything at the time.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a BIG thank you to Samuel for his patience in guiding me back to the normal operation of my NAS.

Not sure if it's my responsibility to mark this thread as SOLVED for completeness. Please do.

Thank you again, Samuel.