Help With my Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

matheusm

Cadet
Hi guys.
I'm new to freenas, i have this scenario:

I have a CentOS server that store some archives, and i've created one dataset with linux share type, and i mounted it with
nfs on this server. (Created the unix share on this dataset)

I have a job on cron that makes rsync over this share, and it run as far as good.

Now the problem comes, i'm confused about how i'm going to make this:

My windows clients need to access these archives, but, on my permissions on this dataset if i remove the other (with write and execute permission), i can't mount it over centOs, and if i maintain like this, all my windows clients stays with acess.

Is there a way to have a dataset that recieves data from rsync usable and at same time accessible to windows clients with restrictions (some kinda way to remove the "other" with write and execute)?

It's how about the freenas works with both windows and linux accessing and giving diferent permissions togheter ate same dataset, or how can i make this work.

Just need to solve this, having my server sending to dataset and letting my clients (only some of them, without all of them), acessing and do stuff on that with some kind of restriction.

Thx in advance.

matheusm

Cadet
I use my freenas working with AD... configured the LDAP and now when i choose permissions on the dataset i can select Domain users, still can use domain users and user root of my linux servers togheter?

And another thing, can i create users like domain\user? ... or just a native user from nas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.