Help needed installing PostGIS 3.1 in jail with PostgreSQL 13.5

_Perkinje_

Cadet
Posted this in the jails sub before I realized it was under the legacy software/FreeNAS forum.

I have a jail (12.2-release-p11) running PostgreSQL 13.5 on amd64-portbld-freebsd12.2. I'd like to add PostGIS 3.1 (which is compatible with PostgreSQL 13). When attempting to install via
Code:
pkg install postgis31
the install process wants to replace PostgreSQL 13 with version 12.9. Is it possible to configure this so it's not "bundled" with version 12.9? Can PostGIS be compiled and installed separately in the jail instead of using the port version?

_Perkinje_

Cadet
Posted this in the jails sub before I realized it was under the legacy software/FreeNAS forum.

I have a jail (12.2-release-p11) running PostgreSQL 13.5 on amd64-portbld-freebsd12.2. I'd like to add PostGIS 3.1 (which is compatible with PostgreSQL 13). When attempting to install via
Code:
pkg install postgis31
the install process wants to replace PostgreSQL 13 with version 12.9. Is it possible to configure this so it's not "bundled" with version 12.9? Can PostGIS be compiled and installed separately in the jail instead of using the port version?

I went back and read through the FreeBSD manual section on ports and it was explained how to accomplish what I needed. Basically, I need to install the port, not the package, and use the config options. Took a few hours to download, compile and install the 70+ dependencies but it's all done now.