Help Needed: fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernal mode

kvphvm948

Cadet
Hi,
I have freenas installed in my custom build machine and was running fine for 3 years (3 HDD -WD red 4TB/Freenas 9.x/ZFS RAID) and suddenly it got reboot.
Since my system had clock battery problem and I used this time and replaced the battery. Then I booted the system but forgot to change the system date/time.
But later realized about clock reset time and corrected it but while reboot again, I see same problem.

I saw the below fatal trap 12 error after my freenas box reboots.
is it HDD problem? . what can I do in this case and not sure how to get my hardware configuration to publish here.

I looked at this below thread but not able to identify the next step to troubleshoot?

fatal_trap_12_error.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
kvp

kvphvm948

Cadet
one more information might worth to consider. I was running at 95% of space used. I wanted to clear some of the space. but not sure how to do it now since it is not booting.

kvphvm948

Cadet
Hi,
when I detached all the HDD, and boot freenas, it was booting and showing UI and service looks good except showing no zfs volumn.
I attached all 4 HDD again but this time getting the same error like before with same memory address.
Should I detach one HDD and try to reboot it again?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If your pool is RAIDZ1 or Z2, you can try booting with 1 disk in the pool missing.

You can try different disks missing to see if you can eliminate one disk as the problem... although I imagine you may just have a pool-wide problem.

It may be an option to use ZFS on Linux to get a better idea of what's going on if you can't get FreeNAS to boot with the pool attached.

kvphvm948

Cadet
Hi
Thank you for the reply.
I tried with one disk out of pool while booting. but same message I get every time and no luck.
Not sure about the other option. do I have to boot with ubuntu linux ?

Apollo

Wizard
Don't mess with removing disk from the pool. It is almost a sure thing you would corrupt your pool.
If you think available space maybe the problem, then maybe you should try importing your pool as read only.
My guess would also be a RAM capacity issue.

kvphvm948

Cadet
Hi @Apollo , how do I import my pool as readonly during the bootup process? any link?
do you suggest to add one more 16 GB strip?

sretalla