Help Fixing a Corrupt Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Weasel

Cadet
I recently completed the upgrade to 9.3 stable. After the upgrade went smoothly, I got cocky and upgraded most of my plugins (sabnzbd, plex, headphones, couchpotato & sickbeard). The sabnzbd and couchpotato upgrades completed without any errors, but both failed to restart or work after the update. I was able to recover sabnzbd without too much problem; but in a fit of self-admitted stupidity, I deleted the couchpotato jail at the command line. As a result, the GUI is out of sync with the file system. The GUI still thinks couchpotato is installed and any attempt to delete the jail from the GUI errors out.

I already admitted my stupidity, so let me answer a few obvious questions that will undoubtedly be asked of me:
  • No, I do not have a backup I can restore from
  • No, I do not have a snapshot I can restore from
  • No, I did not export the recycle bin (it's not a CIFS share, duh)
  • Yes, I'm doing backups now
  • Yes, I'm doing snapshots now
  • Yes, I'm exporting the recycle bin on my CIFS shares now
So, any idea how I can fix this mess I've created? Couchpotato won't run. I cannot delete it. I can reinstall it; but it won't run when I do.

Any constructive feedback would be appreciated!

D

dlavigne

Does removing that dataset from View Volumes fix it? If not, how about a reboot?

Wild Weasel

Cadet
Tried your suggestion, but no improvement. Neither dataset is successfully removed from the Volume Manager. Rebooting didn't help any either.

Status
Not open for further replies.