SOLVED HELP! After upgrading from 23.10.1.1 to 23.10.1.3, Truenas cannot import boot-pool

Just upgraded from 23.10.1.1 to 23.10.1.3 and when it starts it fails:
Command: /sbin/zpool import -N -f ´boot-pool´
Recovery is possible, but will result in some data loss.
Returning the pool to its state as of Sat Jan 27 14:44:21 2024
should correct the problem. Approximately 15 seconds of data
must be discarded, irreversibly. After rwewind, several
persistent user-data errors will remain. Recovery can be attempted
by executing 'zpool import -F boot-pool'. A scrub of the pool
is strongly recommended after recovery
Error: 1
Failed to import pool 'boot-pool'.
Manually import the pool and exit.

I have tried to start Truenas from the startmenu to the last version 23.10.1.1 but same problem with boot-pool

Anyone who knows what has happened and what I should do?
What happens if I execute 'zpool import -F boot-pool' and what about the several persistent user-data errors that will remain???
Is there any other way of recovering the situation?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Forget it. The boot pool is almost worthless if you have your config saved somewhere.

Rebuild the system and import the config.

Forget it. The boot pool is almost worthless if you have your config saved somewhere.

Rebuild the system and import the config.
OK but any idea of what might have happened? And what zpool import -F boot-pool does with the boot-pool? And I guess the config file is the file that I save when doing the upgrade or?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK but any idea of what might have happened? And what zpool import -F boot-pool does with the boot-pool?
Frankly it's not worth the time to figure it out. Import -F will theoretically import a pool dropping bad transactions to do so if possible... Seems it wasn't.

Boot pool corruption can happen... Maybe worth looking at the media you run it on.

I guess the config file is the file that I save when doing the upgrade or?
You get offered the option of a config backup during the upgrade, so that is probably what you're talking about.

Frankly it's not worth the time to figure it out. Import -F will theoretically import a pool dropping bad transactions to do so if possible... Seems it wasn't.

Boot pool corruption can happen... Maybe worth looking at the media you run it on.

You get offered the option of a config backup during the upgrade, so that is probably what you're talking about.
Ok, whats getting saved in the config file then. Just realised that the config file that got saved now was not finished, but I have the last config file from the upgrade i did in december.

Before trying to rebuild again, I just ran:
zpool import -F boot-pool (just took 1s)
exit
and it seems as the system went up and as far as I can see right now everything seems to be working as it should again

Still curious of what might have happened. I have my boot-pool on a SSD Disk, can that be a the cause of corrupt boot pool

sretalla