Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

RueGorE

Dabbler
Hi everybody. I'm glad to be here. I've been running FreeNAS on my revamped storage box for almost a year now. The storagebox has recently seen a major storage upgrade over this year's Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales, in the way of 6x 4TB Western Digital Red NAS drives ($99 per disk from Amazon, with additional discounts!) in a RAIDz2 configuration, whereas before it was a hodge-podge of used-but-still-working-cross-my-fingers WD and Seagate disks (3x 2TB in RAIDz1, 3x 1TB in RAIDz1 -- striped together), plus two 8TB Seagate Barracuda Compute disks (in a stripe) shucked from the Costco 8TB Seagate Backup Plus Hubs configured as an on-site local replication target. (Still trying to figure out how I'm going to off-site my data on the cheap!) Ever since the storage upgrade, everything has been smooth-sailing for the most part. I haven't jumped the gun on FreeNAS 11.2 yet (still on 11.1-U6) but I'm happy where everything is at so far! It's been quite the learning experience! :)

Anyway the reason why I joined today was because I've run into some issues that I haven't been able to find answers to so I'm hoping this fine community can steer me in the right direction on this and future issues I'll inevitably run into. Of course, I'll find the appropriate part of the forum to post those questions in.

So yeah, long-time-lurker-first-time-poster here. Thanks for welcoming me! It's good to be among good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.