Hello, World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorm

Dabbler
Hi,

I am a newcomer to FreeBSD but have some experience with Linux and a basis of networking concepts thanks to courses.
In search of a storage solution for the home, the easy-to-use NAS hardware solutions looked good at first but I then realized that they weren't want I wanted.
Becoming more and more fund of open-source code, I investigated the solutions made by that community.
And there it was, a resilient storage solution prized by many, with nothing yet to envy from btrfs implementations, FreeNAS !

And there I am, at the start of an epic journey to discover and tame the devil.

... I just hope that his minion shark you stand for isn't there to eat my beloved penguins

Last edited:

m0nkey_

MVP
Welcome to the forums! :D

You'll find the BSD community is often more forgiving than our Penguin loving brethren. While you may want to follow the ways of the AMD and Realtek, be warned, there be dragons ahead! Steer your path true to the Intel of CPUs and NICs, for your quest shall be triumphant. :cool:

Last edited:

Scorm

Dabbler
Welcome to the forums! :D

You'll find the BSD community is often more forgiving than our Penguin loving brethren. While you may want to follow the ways of the AMD and Realtek, be warned, there be dragons ahead! Steer you path true to the Intel of CPUs and NICs, for your quest shall be triumphant. :cool:

Thank you.
I have followed the ways of cyberjock and a few others, and been converted to Supermicro, ECC and Intel CPUs + NICs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.