Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markneednas

Cadet
Hello, I am very new to all things NAS. I have pieced together many computers, and built my own from scratch for years. But for some reason I cant get my head around all this. Its overwhelming! Until I get my build complete, I am in your care.

Side note, would this be a good place to start asking questions? Or should I start a new post in another section?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Beep, beep. I am Forum Formatting Bot (F-squared-B) here to render assistance:
Usernames written as AT-username can be immediately followed by other characters without disrupting the link. E.g. @m0nkey_'s post above is #2.

Markneednas

Cadet
Thank you, I have began reading what you suggested. I have some hardware in mind for a Nas system to house all my media. my budged is small I don't want to spend over 700$. Not including drives.
To give you an idea of what my setup is like, I have 3 custom built pc's running either KODI or Windows with KODI. I plan on adding more. I have spent the last 6 months digitizing my media collection. I have accumulated over the past 15 years......... Handbrake FTW!
now I am at a point where something bigger is needed.
SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSM-F-O
Is the board I have been looking at, with an I3 6100.. Any thoughts?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's a fine board. It does what the specs say it does, other than that, there's little to it.

The BIOS is buggy as hell, but that's only a minor problem.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No, just extremely irritating in very specific, very rare situations. And there's not much you can do to avoid crap BIOSes these days, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.