Hello from Hessen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidoq

Cadet
My name is Vidoq and I am here to learn more about FreeNAS and Linux. Also I like to discuss hardware, software and network topics. I enjoyed reeding the tutorials and guides, which helped me a lot, to design my server. Thanks to everyone who is sharing here.
At home my 2. FreeNAS server is running for half a year now. I hope to develop it step by step.

The last 20 years I was only using the good old windows. So Linux, BSD and everything is still a bit confusing. But I managed Festers guide include the HDD validation and adjusted the green WD HDD to reduce the hight load cycle counts. So I made my way through, but (as a windows user) I am still learning to type commands in to the terminal and not just click a button ;-)

Greetings from Germany

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
My name is Vidoq and I am here to learn more about FreeNAS and Linux. Also I like to discuss hardware, software and network topics. I enjoyed reeding the tutorials and guides, which helped me a lot, to design my server. Thanks to everyone who is sharing here.
At home my 2. FreeNAS server is running for half a year now. I hope to develop it step by step.

The last 20 years I was only using the good old windows. So Linux, BSD and everything is still a bit confusing. But I managed Festers guide include the HDD validation and adjusted the green WD HDD to reduce the hight load cycle counts. So I made my way through, but (as a windows user) I am still learning to type commands in to the terminal and not just click a button ;-)

Greetings from Germany
Welcome to the forums!

I used to live in Hessen, in Frankfurt am Main. Beautiful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.