Hello from Capelle in Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

fransstam

Cadet
Hello everyone,

Thanks for granting me access to this forum. As our current "out of the box" Conceptronics NAS is 5 years old now, so due for replacement. I was already looking into buying a Synology or QNAP NAS when a friend told me to have a look at FreeNAS. I liked the concept (especially looking forward to FreeNAS 10) and read that the ZFS file system is quite advanced. Also I liked the fact there is a very active community behind FreeNAS.

I am going to run a setup with two mirrored 4TB hard disks. Already bought the hard disks and them in an old desktop with USB sticks to install FreeNAS. Unfortunately the hardware appears not to be compatible...something with error 19 during installation... so in order to get this running and probably get some help, get access to articles, read about some tweaks and maybe share my experience, I registered on this form.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Welcome to the forums!

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Welcome!
I am going to run a setup with two mirrored 4TB hard disks.
With modest needs like this, it's very easy just to buy a suitable off-the-shelf server and be up and running very quickly. Something like a Dell PowerEdge T30 or Lenovo TS150 might do very nicely.

saikee

Explorer
I would have a look if the legacy support of the USB in the bios is on. Make sure the USB can boot other systems first, like a Windows, Linux or even a FreeBSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.