SOLVED HDD is degraded with no SMART Errors

Good News! All of my HDDs are now replaced with SSDs, everything is working fine now but one small issue that isn't quite bothering me is the fact that my pool is now labelled as UNHEALTHY and when I go into the Storage Page, in that dashboard it says "31 Errors are found" and "Pool is not Healthy", it isn't making a huge issue as the only affected files from zpool status -v is mainly an application and some Movies and TV Shows. When I had the other HDD there was no issue until I replaced it with an SSD and my other drives seem to be good. There are a lot of checksum errors and after looking online it did say that after a scrub of the pool everything will go, but even after that I am still getting the errors. I don't think that the SSD itself has an issue because I was using it for almost 2 years without any problems whatsoever, but I think the issue is because while I replaced this last HDD the computer shut off while it was resilvering but after some research it did say that even something happend while resilvering, the process will still countinue upon restart and only the progress will go back a percentage or so. I still have the old HDD and have not formatted it yet because I knew something like this would happen so is there any steps to follow? One more thing, do you think it is recommended for me to update my TrueNAS System to teh latest Dragonfish RC Update? Like I said, right now I don't have any issues but in the future all things can go wrong. By the way Thank You TrueNAS Community for reaching out for me and answering silly questions what I am quite conserned about and most importantly keeping cool and verifying the solution with proof :)

joeschmuck

Old Man
Run a Scrub, run zpool -v status, delete the corrupt files, repeat the first two steps. If you still have the same errors (31 errors found) and not more files listed as corrupt, run zpool clean poolname. Run zpool -v status again and all should be good.

If these problems continue to happen then you have other hardware issues. Also, I would not recommend running SCALE 24.04 Beta RC.1, even after it comes out of Beta. You have problems, you need to run a stable software for an extended period of time. If you do not have problems after 3 months, then maybe change to a more current version, but also, if it's working, don't mess with it. You can build up some historical data on it's stability.