Having issues join TrueNAS into the domain

Clawhammer

Dabbler
Hello together!

iam trying to put a test TrueNAS System into our Domain. It seems like the join worked(?) without any error messages.
i can enter my crendentials in the "Directory Services -> Active Directory" menu just fine.

but when i enter the shell and use the "wbinfo -g" command iam getting these errormessages:

could not obtain winbind interface detials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind domain name!
failed to call wbcListGroups: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Error looking up domain groups

Any suggestions how to fix this?
Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello together!

iam trying to put a test TrueNAS System into our Domain. It seems like the join worked(?) without any error messages.
i can enter my crendentials in the "Directory Services -> Active Directory" menu just fine.

but when i enter the shell and use the "wbinfo -g" command iam getting these errormessages:

could not obtain winbind interface detials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind domain name!
failed to call wbcListGroups: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Error looking up domain groups

Any suggestions how to fix this?
Thanks!
What is output of job to join AD? There's a task manager in top-right of screen. That error means that winbindd is not running. It may mean that the join failed and for some reason webui didn't display the error message.

Clawhammer

Dabbler
Currently it shows a lot of successfull plugin update messages. There is even a successfull dscache message after pressing the "Rebuild Directory service cache". Beside that nothing else. I accidently pressed the "directory serivce monitor" however here i get at least one red message telling me that active directory is faulted.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Currently it shows a lot of successfull plugin update messages. There is even a successfull dscache message after pressing the "Rebuild Directory service cache". Beside that nothing else. I accidently pressed the "directory serivce monitor" however here i get at least one red message telling me that active directory is faulted.
midclt call core.get_jobs '[["method", "=", "activedirectory.start"]]' | jq

Clawhammer

Dabbler
I guess i should hammer that comamnd into the bash right? The only output i get is: []
(Sry iam truenas beginner!)

Clawhammer

Dabbler
ok... i left the domain and gave the system a full reboot.

After trying to join the domain again i got:

[EFAULT] Failed to join domain: failed to join domain 'DOMAINNAME' over rpc: Insufficient quota exists to complete the operation.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 367, in run

await self.future

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 403, in __run_body

rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 690, in start

await self._net_ads_join()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 1023, in _net_ads_join

await self._parse_join_err(netads.stdout.decode().split(':', 1))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 1006, in _parse_join_err

raise CallError(msg[1])

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to join domain: failed to join domain 'DOMAINNAME' over rpc: Insufficient quota exists to complete the operation.

another message:
Attempt to connect to netlogon share failed with error: [EFAULT] failed to call wbcPingDc: Domain is not trusted or cannot be found..

Attempt to connect to netlogon share failed with error: [EFAULT] could not obtain winbind interface details: Winbind daemon is not available. could not obtain winbind domain name! failed to call wbcPingDc: Winbind daemon is not available..