Greetings... fellow FreeNAS users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzo

Cadet
My name is Zann and I have been using FreeNAS for about 3 years now using my own hardware builds. This includes building arrays using used hard drives and I liked FreeNAS so much that I bought new hard drives and slipped them in. After a year of that I bought higher capacity hard drives and expanded my pool. Way cool!

I had been trying some of the FN10 builds earlier this year but couldn't get a satisfactory setup. After hearing of FN10 Beta I pulled together another box and installed immediately. I observed a good amount of write activity to the boot media and have standardized using a hard drive for boot media - USB sticks a are just to fragile.

I will use this forum to discuss FN10 primarily. I like the new look and I am stoked for some of the new functionality that will be included.

Also, I talked one of my clients into purchasing a FreeNAS mini and setup RAIDZ2 along with encryption to get away from those external USB hard drives with no redundancy or encryption.

I have been watching BSDNow since episode 1 and love the fact that iXSystems is a sponsor.

Thank you.

Zann

Status
Not open for further replies.