Getting SAMBA and WebGUI disconnects from TrueNAS server

NumberSix

Contributor
Hi
I have noticed in recent weeks an increase in the number of times the SAMBA connection between my Windows 10 machine and TrueNAS is broken after various periods of time, forcing me to restart the NAS to re-establish the link. I have no idea if this is a Windows or NAS issue, so any advice on either side would be appreciated.

Speaking of disconnects, a far older problem is the way TrueNAS logs me out of the web interface every 10 mins or so, causing me to relog. I know this, in it's pure form, has been an issue for a long time (see here) but the particular nasty in my case is that about 20% of the time, the GUI is unable to even offer me a login screen, as though TrueNAS was still pending - in it's boot up phase. Then I have to do a hard shutdown and restart the system to get it back (I run it headless), which obviously I don't like to do on many levels for many reasons. I'm not a particularly sophisticated user so I am imagining that maybe a file is corrupt somewhere but I have no idea how to identify, find or fix it if so. Again, any thoughts on this aspect of disconnection are greatly appreciated. Thank you.