Freeze when choosing device to install FreeNAS on

TheQuackiest

Cadet
I have FreeNAS installed on a USB, and it boots the loader fin, and opens the menu. I can navigate the menu to choose which device to install it on. I choose the device by pressing space like it tells me to, and it just freezes. I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and the keyboard won't even light up now. Still no response. I've been trying to write it to different devices for days and I get the same issue.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I have FreeNAS installed on a USB, and it boots the loader fin, and opens the menu. I can navigate the menu to choose which device to install it on. I choose the device by pressing space like it tells me to, and it just freezes. I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and the keyboard won't even light up now. Still no response. I've been trying to write it to different devices for days and I get the same issue.
One of my favorite quotes:
read the forum rules and update your post.. you provided zero information that we request when creating a thread.

Last edited:

TheQuackiest

Cadet
Apologies,

I have been searching the forums for days and have tried every solution suggested.

Motherboard: MSI z93 SLI Krait Edition
CPU: i5-4690k
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Drives: Transcend 32 GB SSD
WD Red 4 TB NAS
Using Kingston Data Traveler 16gb as install drive

TheQuackiest

Cadet
Well, it appears as though I have made progress. I used Rufus to write to the USB in DD mode using FreeNAS 11.1 (I think) and it appears to have installed
Waiting on boot now

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer