freenas8 problem importing ntfs drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabriel403

Cadet
Hi there, I'm trying to import an NTFS volume, I've tried with RELEASE, BETA3 and the latest nightly, but I keep getting an error.

Screen Shot

Some error ocurried while labelling the disk.

I heard there was a problem with NTFS that was planned to be fixed, is this the same issue?

Thanks, Gabriel

ChrisJ

Cadet
Hi there, I'm trying to import an NTFS volume, I've tried with RELEASE, BETA3 and the latest nightly, but I keep getting an error.

Screen Shot

Some error ocurried while labelling the disk.

I heard there was a problem with NTFS that was planned to be fixed, is this the same issue?

Thanks, Gabriel

Same problem for me, with BETA 4.

The spelling has been improved -- error now says "ocurred" instead of "ocurried" -- however it's still wrong. I point this out only to say that someone has changed SOMETHING, but NTFS import still doesn't work.

I tried to import either NTFS volume from a drive containing two partitions; when that failed, I also tried to import from a drive containing only one partition. All three imports failed with the same "Some error ocurred while labelling the disk."

I have a bunch of NTFS-formatted disks, full of data, sitting on a shelf. I have been using them one at a time in eSATA docks, but I'd like to have 6-8 of them in a headless PC running FreeNAS. Thus NTFS import would be very useful!

I imagine for each drive I could move all the data offline, create a fresh ZFS volume, and move it all back, but it seems like there ought to be an easier way to go.

Is there an error log somewhere that might illuminate what "some error ocurred" ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.