FreeNAS U4 ; disappeared or lost IPMI button

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathcomp

Dabbler
Hello,

I updated to freenas U3 and than to U4 and I see that the button for "IMPI" in bookmark "SYSTEM" was lost.

Do you have somebody same experience?

Unfortunatelly I do not know if the button was ther in version U3.

Best Regards
Martin

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's hard to provide much help if you don't tell us what hardware you're using and what specific versions you're talking about. 11.1-U3 and 11.1-U4?

nathcomp

Dabbler
Hi,

Thank you for answer!

I am sorry, my HW:

Supermicro MBD-X11SSH-F
Samsung Memory 16GB 288Pin DIMM DDR4, M391A2K43BB1-CRC
Intel Xeon E3-1220 v6

At this moment I am using U4 version. I cannot switch back to U3 version because the server is working now. I cannot do a test if this problem begun after updating from version U2 to U3.

But in version U2 the IPMI button was there and I did some setup via this button.

The server works correctly. And at first moment I did not notice that the button is out.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, you don't actually need the IPMI section for anything. It's just a minor convenience feature to help setting it up correctly if you lock yourself out.

At this moment I am using U4 version. I cannot switch back to U3 version because the server is working now. I cannot do a test if this problem begun after updating from version U2 to U3.
There are many -U4 releases, they're minor updates on top of the version. Are you using 11.1?

nathcomp

Dabbler
Hi,

Yes I do, I am using 11.1 U4.

You are right that IPMI button is not necessary.

And I used it only one time for IP address setting.
Because it was an idea of the moment :) .

But this is a change and wanted to know if it is normal...

Or some opinions about.

Thank you.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Okay, since you're using the latest version, I recommend you file a bug report and include a debug tarball. Post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.