FreeNAS stuck in importing a drive on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddep

Dabbler
Hi,
My FreeNAS rebooted at some point when I was away and it stuck in importing a drive.
Not sure how to diagnose the issue, I guess I should start removing drives to figure out which one is trying to import?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David
screenshot.jpg

ddep

Dabbler
Reverted back to 11.04U and then loaded my config backup from Nov 2017. After reboot it stuck in importing again.
MVIMG_20180107_170331.jpg

ddep

Dabbler
it took some time but looks like the import finished and everything is back to normal now. thanks! 11.04U is the way to go:)

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You need to look for problems with your disks. That was the import of the pool that was stuck, not an import of a single disk.
Are you able to SSH into the system so that you can interact with the test shell instead of using the GUI shell or the monitor console?
Please post for us the output of zpool status listed inside code tags.

It may be working for the moment, but there could be a condition that needs repair to save you from losing the pool.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
oh so reinstall FreeNAS or is there a faster way to revert an update?
No, you don't need to reinstall. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You go to the select 'Boot Environment Menu' from the Grub boot menu and it will show you a list of all your previous boot environments that you can just select one and boot into it. It is almost instant. As long as you have not erased your boot media, it keeps them all. I have a list that goes back to version 9.something. Over a year.
Here is the illustration:
boot env menu..PNG
Here is the second menu that comes up:
boot env menu 2..PNG

danb35

Hall of Famer
Why would you suggest that?
I had delays importing a pool under 11.1 that were resolved with a rollback to 11.0. It didn't hang on the import, but I'm not sure OP's system was actually hung either.

Status
Not open for further replies.