FreeNAS no longer receives any IP from DHCP

Riggster

Cadet
Hi,

I have a very strange problem, I have been using FreeNAS with no issues for just under a year. Recently however FreeNAS would no longer boot so I decided to reinstall it. After reinstalling, FreeNAS no longer receives an IP from my router (even though it used to). I do not think this is a hardware issue as I installed Kubuntu on the machine to check, and it received an IP from DHCP with no issue. When I plug the machine into a monitor it tells me the web interface is at http://0.0.0.0. I have been at this issue for over a day now and I am now completely lost with what to do to fix it.

The machine is connected to a network switch via ethernet, and was working fine up until the reinstall.

I have attached the output of ifconfig

ifconfig.PNG

If anyone could give me any suggestions of what I could do I would greatly appreciate it.

Heracles

Wizard
Hey Riggster,

Any VLANs configured ? Either in the switch and missing in FreeNAS or configured in FreeNAS and missing in the switch?

Also, what NIC is installed in the box ? Realtec are known to be problematic ; Intel are much better.

Good luck troubleshooting your situation,

Riggster

Cadet
Hey Riggster,

Any VLANs configured ? Either in the switch and missing in FreeNAS or configured in FreeNAS and missing in the switch?

Also, what NIC is installed in the box ? Realtec are known to be problematic ; Intel are much better.

Good luck troubleshooting your situation,

Hi,

I don't have any VLAN's setup as far as I am aware (I've never set one up on my network).

I do not have a dedicated network card, I am using the one from my motherboard, which is an ASRock motherboard

Heracles

Wizard
Any clue on what chipset that built-in NIC is ?

Riggster

Cadet
For anyone who has a similar issue in future, I bought a new dedicated network card (Intel Gigabit PRO/1000) and it worked perfectly. So the issue must have been the Qualcomm.