FreeNas NFS Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesnofla

Patron
Hi Folks, after a long night I managed to get FreeNas more and less configured.

The only problem I do have actually that I get trough the jungle of mounting in Ubuntu.

I did the below entry in the fstab /etc/fstab, the IP-adress is the IP of the NAS.

Code:
192.168.10.25:/export/Movie  /mnt/RAID1/Media/Movie nfs nouser,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0

After that step I run

Code:
root@snofla-G71V:~# mount -a
mount.nfs: mount point /mnt/RAID1/Media/Movie does not exist

I created also a NFS share called Media, in the attached screenshot you are able to se what I set this one to.

How will explain me what to do, I can't find a way to fix it yet.

regards
freenassnofla

Attachments

• Auswahl_002.png
    Auswahl_002.png
    37 KB · Views: 320

Dusan

Guru
The second field in fstab (you have /mnt/RAID1/Media/Movie there), is the mountpoint on the local machine where you want to mount the remote filesystem, not the mountpoint on the NAS (the client machine doesn't care about that).

Freesnofla

Patron
:-(; yes but the path on the NAS is /mnt/RAID1/Media/Movie do I have to turn this around, mount is a nightmare for me ;-)

Dusan

Guru
Add this to fstab:
[PANEL]192.168.10.25:/mnt/RAID1/Media /mynas/movie nfs[/PANEL]

Freesnofla

Patron
Thanks, that brought me a step forward I see all the drives so far, but they all blocked by a lock. Do I have to create users as well or shouldn't the share be enough?

Freesnofla

Patron
Of course that help a lot, I managed to enter the shares. The only critical point for my understanding is the point how I can define different NFS networks. I do have 2 different networks how can I separate such IP addresses by ; or : or ,?

Freesnofla

Patron
Well I'm in deep shit again I don't get access anymore to my mounting drive

Code:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.XX.XX:/mnt/RAID1/Media
I haven't any clue why that's happen. Any idea how I can fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.