FreeNas doesn't boot after Update from 11.1 to 11.3

Rienay

Cadet
Hello,

I am not any expert in working with servers or so.
After a couple of years running FreeNas in my home-network, i wanted to update to TrueNas.
My Version until today was 11.1 (stable) an i had read that it was recommended to update to 11.3 first before going to 12.0 and then to 12.1 of TrueNas.
After installing FreeNas 11.3 i activated this version in the "boot"-tab and rebooted the system.
Since this moment i cannot successfully boot my FreeNas-Server (no access over gui, server not listed in network), and everything shown on the screen (directly atteched to the server) is some information about "FreeBSD":
20211227_210855.jpg

My System:
CPU: Intel Core i3 6300
Mainboard: ASUS P10S-I Intel C232
RAM: 1x 8GB Kingston DDR4-2133 CL15 regECC
Disks: 6x 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX in RAID Z1
1x 16GB Intenso Micro Line USB-Stick (boot-drive)
Disk-Controller: onboard
Network-Card: onboard

Is there any "easy" way to get back to a working version, or is a fresh install the only way?
Would i loose my jails on this way? Would be nice to keep them, but the only really important for me is keeping the data on the ZFS.

Thanks for your help
Rienay

P.s.: sorry if my english is not the best, because I'm from Germany, so maybe i will ask some questions, if i don't understand your anwers!

Rienay

Cadet
An additional question:

If i am going to do a fresh install, should i directly install TrueNas 12.1, or should i start with the last working version and install FreeNas 11.1 and try updating it again because of compatibility problems when directly installing an other version?

Thanks
Rienay

Rienay

Cadet
Sooo...
maybe i am a little bit unpatient and maybe this also caused my "problem" (coupled with one missing information)...

First unpatience: i didn't wait for any reply and tried a fresh install on my own (TrueNas 12.0 U7) three days ago.
Second unpatience: after finally successfully installing TrueNas (first try with wrong UEFI settings) i got the same screen shown on the monitor as you can see in my first post.
missing information: i found out, that this screen is shown if i insert login-name ("root") at the point of the boot where i get asked for it. But it seems that this is not needed, even more if i don't insert anything and wait long enough, the server boots as it should...

So it's possible my initial problem was only because i did what i was asked on the screen during boot session...
I post this because:
1. this problem is solved
2. maybe somebody out there could run at the same point and with a little luck finds this answer!

Please correct me, if i am wrong with any information!

Greetings
Rienay