Freenas does not see more than 15 disks

awalujkar

Cadet
We tried to add a 16th disk on vmware because the disk pool is full. From the freenas console, it does not see the newly added scsi controller and the 16th disk as well. Is this a limitation to number of scsi cards? If so, how can we expand the storage if we are running out of space with 15 disks already. Please advise. Thank you in advance!

Z80user

Cadet
is one of the limitations on SCSI, at least old SCSI used 16 bits as the ID (only one active at the time) to know the devices, and the host is one of them, happen the same with other SCSI but with 31 devices+host, not sure if was something like that but with only 7 devices but is very old thecnology (I still have one SCSI controller of 8 bits)
so if you want to add more devices you will mush add another SCSI controller to the system to get access to more disks, not sure about the specific limitation/build of the VMware, but that is how it work in real life.

sretalla