FreeNAS cannot connect to WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuvenant

Cadet
Installed new router after old one fried and now FreeNAS is no longer able to access WAN. I've reset everything, gone through every thread I could think of, and tech support with NETGEAR.

Everything else can connect to the net without issues. I can even connect to Plex on FreeNAS so long as it is within the LAN, anything that needs WAN access to the server is blocked.

Some all powerful bearded wizard is standing between my server and the WAN screaming "You shall not pass!"

FreeNAS v9.2.1.6
NETGEAR FVS318N Firmware 4.3.2-7
Plex v0.9.11.4

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Go into the FreeNAS network settings, and try putting the IP address for your *ROUTER* in the IPv4 gateway, and also, for nameserver 1, put "8.8.8.8"

See if that gets you online.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
And post a debug from your system and the system specs.

Kuvenant

Cadet
Well some progress at least. FreeNAS now has access to WAN, but old jail does not. Created a new jail to test and it connects easily.

Jails -> Configuration shows IPv4 Network as 192.168.1.1/24 which matches the individual jail.

System is a HP Proliant N40L
AMD Turion II Neo N40L 1.5GHz 2-Core
8GB ECC memory
5x3TB WD Red drives in RAID-Z

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20150226103151.tgz
    265.2 KB · Views: 212

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You are on 9.2.1.6. I recommend you upgrade to the latest. That may or may not fix it. To boot, jails and such have changed in 9.3, so you might be better off going to 9.3, then creating the jails. ;) If you find a bug in 9.2.1.x nobody will even consider fixing it. 9.2.1.x branch is dead in terms of development.

Considering that a new jail works and the old jail doesn't it is probably easier for you to just recreate the jail than try to troubleshoot the issue. That's just based on what I feel your experience and knowledge is. I could be wrong, just trying to help you get to a fully functional system as fast as possible.

Kuvenant

Cadet
I get what you are saying, just not liking it. FreeNAS is currently on a 2GB stick so I'll need to migrate to an 8GB+ stick in order to update. New jail for Plex Media Server means I need to figure out how to migrate Metadata over as well, which last search I did showed several different 'confirmed' locations for the metadata.

And you are correct, I am new to this. Went with FreeNAS for the GUI, but am just starting to get to the point that shell is looking like an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.