FreeNAS boot drive almost full, help! -- Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuru

Guru
Huh, due to compression you actually have 48 GB of data hiding somewhere.
If anyone else has any ideas now is the time to chime in :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This isn't the first time we've seen this mysterious behavior. Has a bug not been filed for this thing? I can't seem to find anything.

OP, I recommend you do so.

titan_rw

Guru
I assume "zfs list -r freenas-boot" shows freenas-boot/ROOT/default is mounted on / ?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm fairly confident the issue is that you are mounting stuff in /media and /media2. This is not recommended, not supported, and can create unexpected results. I had to have someone stop doing just that last week so that we could delete almost 5GB of temp files that were hiding there.

You should unmount those locations. You'll probably find hidden files in /media and /media2 that weren't there before. Delete or move them and your space will be fixed.

Then don't go mounting stuff on the FreeNAS again. ;)

hikurakx

Dabbler
I'm fairly confident the issue is that you are mounting stuff in /media and /media2. This is not recommended, not supported, and can create unexpected results. I had to have someone stop doing just that last week so that we could delete almost 5GB of temp files that were hiding there.

You should unmount those locations. You'll probably find hidden files in /media and /media2 that weren't there before. Delete or move them and your space will be fixed.

Then don't go mounting stuff on the FreeNAS again. ;)

Just want to report back that I solved the issues. cyberjock were right, there are files behind the /media folder. I umount it and cleared out the data, everything is working now. Thanks everyone and especially Sakuru!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Keep in mind that you shouldn't be mounting things like /media and /media2 like you did. If you do that again, the issue is almost certainly guaranteed to reoccur in the future. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.