FreeNAS 9.10 - Subsonic 6.01 plugin no UTF-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamFist

Cadet
Hey,

I upgrade to Subsonic 6 but found the plugin was not configured correctly for special characters / UTF-8.

Source folders with them are marked as 'not found' in the Subsonic webinterface. Songs with them would display incorrectly in the web interface and could not be played.

The problem is in this file: /usr/pbi/subsonic-amd64/etc/rc.d/subsonic

export LC_CTYPE=UTF-8 <-- this is not a correct locale so I think it will just use the c locale then. Should be "en_US.UTF-8" or whatever language you prefer

I also added these two but I am not sure if they are necessary:
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

I found some people had the same problem so after spending way to much time on fixing this I just wanted to post this.
If you are reading this as someone who has this problem now you have to also reset your database to fix the broken entries.

The only way I found was to delete the db while keeping the settings so Subsonic will re-scan your media.

So:
1. Open a shell on the jail
2. Stop Subsonic "service subsonic stop"
3. Backup your /var/db/subsonic/db/subsonic.script "cp /var/db/subsonic/db/subsonic.script /"
4. Delete the contents of your /var/db/subsonic/db/ directory "rm /var/db/subsonic/db/*"
5. Restore your subsonic.script file "cp subsonic.script /var/db/subsonic/db/"
6. Start Subsonic "service subsonic start"
7. re-scan your database "Scan media folders now"

source: https://wiki.cementhorizon.com/display/CH/How+to+clean+up+a+corrupted+Subsonic+database

I am unsure how I should report this bug as it is part of the plugin and not really a FreeNAS bug.
One could also argue wether this is a bug at all. But I think it qualifies as one since the behavior was different in former Subsonic version and non C characters are very common in music tags.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry, I caused this thinking using UTF-8 would work properly.
Can you post an example file just so we can test if UTF-8 doesn't work with a fresh install/subsonic database, or if this only breaks with upgrades.

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just confirmed this bug, and confirmed putting en_US.UTF-8 fixed files named "Й.mp3"
I'll get this in the next release of the plugin

IamFist

Cadet
Hey, no need to apologize. I think it is awesome you are working on this plug-in and accidents happen.
I just wanted to bring this to attention so it get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.