FreeNas 9.10 STABLE starts now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaMaraton

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I started using in april of 2016 with my old gaming PC. It's really an experiment for the moment, i'm expecting to build a proper server in the future.
And even if I had one USB-drive failure, it was going great so far.

But for quite some time now, my system has had problems starting, and it's getting worst.

Let me explain :
- Sometimes it will just start fine, and work properly
- Sometimes it will just won't start at all. The computer starts (every "starts") but I only have a black screen...

I tried installing back Windows 10 onto it too si if it was a hardware failure (Motherboard ? Memory ?), but it worked just fine.

But with FreeNas, it just keep started now and then. And even when it startsn it will crash at some point (sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days...)

Do you have any idea what the problem might be ?

My configuration :
- AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T
- MSI 870A FUZION
- Sapphire Radeon™ HD 4870 1 Go Vapor-X
- G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 2 Go PC10600 NQ
- CORSAIR GS800
- FREENAS 9.10 STABLE

gpsguy

For starters, you only have 1/2 of of the minimum RAM requirement. That can and often causes problems up to and including data loss.

Have you read the doc's? If you find a PDF more convenient, you can download it via a link in my signature.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hi everyone,

I started using in april of 2016 with my old gaming PC. It's really an experiment for the moment, i'm expecting to build a proper server in the future.
And even if I had one USB-drive failure, it was going great so far.

But for quite some time now, my system has had problems starting, and it's getting worst.

Let me explain :
- Sometimes it will just start fine, and work properly
- Sometimes it will just won't start at all. The computer starts (every "starts") but I only have a black screen...

I tried installing back Windows 10 onto it too si if it was a hardware failure (Motherboard ? Memory ?), but it worked just fine.

But with FreeNas, it just keep started now and then. And even when it startsn it will crash at some point (sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days...)

Do you have any idea what the problem might be ?

My configuration :
- AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T
- MSI 870A FUZION
- Sapphire Radeon™ HD 4870 1 Go Vapor-X
- G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 2 Go PC10600 NQ
- CORSAIR GS800
- FREENAS 9.10 STABLE
Missing some ram and your hardware isn't really that suitable for freenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.