FreeNAS 8.3.1 on QNAP TS-669 Pro and TS-869 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenmackay

Cadet
I have the FreeNAS 8.3.1 image running successfully on both the QNAP TS-669 Pro and TS-869 Pro.

The systems did require some tuning, as they only have 1G RAM (the 2nd ram slot is picky, and yet to source a 2G module that actually works).

Performance on the system isn't fantastic - only around 30MB/s sustained for writes, but this is only for a home office - more ram is likely to help.. but as i said above, this will take time to source...

The only other issue I have is the "unsupported share protocol", and according kern/176141, this has already been handed over to the bsf zfs maintainers (the filesystems were transfered as send/recv from an openindiana system) - I can live with this...

Both systems use a UEFI BIOS

The issue I have is the boot loader hangs at the boot menu. The system boot successfully after pressing any button on the keyboard, then pressing "1" for the default boot option (I usually just hit the number 1 twice).

This is the first time I have used and BSD variant, and any pointers on how to debug the boot loader hang is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.