BUILD Install FreeNAS-11.1-U5 on QNAP TS-EC1680U-RP

Sccsltd

Cadet
Yes, but not with PWM, with software that could control the speed.
Don't suppose you have any info on how you did it? I've tried alot of the things I can find and nothing works, if I can control the speed that would be a great start, manual control is better than no control, otherwise I'm going to have to resort to an arduino or something like that

sup

Cadet
Don't suppose you have any info on how you did it? I've tried alot of the things I can find and nothing works, if I can control the speed that would be a great start, manual control is better than no control, otherwise I'm going to have to resort to an arduino or something like that
Partially. I don't have TrueNAS on my QNAP TS-453B any longer. I've added stars to below GitHub repos:
I remember that I was searching through GitHub for panq and one of variants worked for my qnap model. panq enabled me to set fan to certain percentage speed. After boot fan was at 100%, then I had script that asked for cpu and hdd temps and set fan speed accordingly - it was janky but it worked (remember to change BIOS setting mentioned above). Let me know if u have any questions.

Sccsltd

Cadet
Partially. I don't have TrueNAS on my QNAP TS-453B any longer. I've added stars to below GitHub repos:
I remember that I was searching through GitHub for panq and one of variants worked for my qnap model. panq enabled me to set fan to certain percentage speed. After boot fan was at 100%, then I had script that asked for cpu and hdd temps and set fan speed accordingly - it was janky but it worked (remember to change BIOS setting mentioned above). Let me know if u have any questions.
Great thanks ill have a play tomorrow

Sccsltd

Cadet
Looks like yous has the IT8528 controller chip and i dont beleive the one i have uses that chip hence nothing working unfortunately