FreeNAS 8.2 BETA 4 - NFS client connection causes page fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC1

Cadet
Hi All,

When attempting to connect via NFS using Windows 7 a page fault error occurs. (Image of console after page fault attached).

I have run Memtest, identified a faulty memory stick, removed and re-tested successfully.

This error only seems to occur when an NFS client connects.

System:

Motherboard - Asus M5A88-M EVO Socket AM3+ onboard Graphics 8 channel Audio mATX
Processor - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache (Running 3 cores via core unlocker)
Memory - Corsair 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz XMS Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5v, Now running just 12GB
HDD - 4 x Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA-III Constellation Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache, Running as one zpool in 3 drive RAIDZ1, with hot spare

Does anyone have any ideas where to go with troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
MC1.

FNPageFault.jpg

peterh

Patron
still some hardwre problems.
"core unlocker" could this enable an otherwise defunct core ? Can you retest with a single core ?

MC1

Cadet
Potentially, but I would expect that memtest/any other OS/System would crash fairly catastrophically...

It runs FreeNAS 8.0.4 Release p3 without any problems.

Will test just using the 2 "cores" that are unlocked with the processor/motherboard as standard, thanks.

peterh

Patron
freebsd9 is optimized for parallellism much more then freebsd8 ( or linux not to mention windoze), so
i'm not surprised that it might stress the hardware more.

languy

Dabbler
I can duplicate this as well on three different sets of hardware. All of which pass memtest86 and various "burn in" apps. They all run Windows XP flawlessly. 8.2.0B2 works fine. B4 page faults if I try to mount an NFS export from Windows 7. Single NIC or LAGG.

languy

Dabbler
Plugin service is not enabled on any of my 8.2 systems. Thanks for the tip though! I am not trying to be a pain or a whiner, the purpose of the beta is to bring these things up. I have tried multiple hardware configs and a VM. All crash if Win7 tries to mount an NFS export.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The purpose of BETA is useless if nobody reports the issues. Forum is not an official way to do so, and the issues will remain on RELEASE ;)

JensDoe

Cadet
Same here. Is any progress made on this issue? What can I do to help get this problem solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.