FreeNAS-11-U4: Static Route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foogaamoo

Dabbler
Hi!

I have two FreeNAS-11-U4 servers replicating over VPN connection. The remote server has a jail running openvpn (client) and a static route to the VPN network to the jail IP address was setup using the web GUI. Replication task works between the two servers until...

When the VPN connection drops, the static route is removed on the FreeNAS host. The openvpn client in the jail is setup to re-establish the connection but the static route on the host is gone. Current fix is to use the web GUI, open the saved static route and then click OK which adds the static route back. This restores the connection btw the two FreeNAS servers.

Is there a way to keep this persistent in the routing table? Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

If the static route is in the GUI and it's still getting nuked, it's a bug. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Also attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) to help the dev figure out what is causing the deletion (this will mark your ticket as private until the dev removes the debug).

foogaamoo

Dabbler
Since I wanted this to be more resilient and faster, I replaced running openvpn in a jail with a Ubiquiti ER-X router. Routes and tunnel managed thru a dedicated device. Replications are working better since the openvpn tunnel is staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.